Friday, September 10, 2010

Aal izz Well :)

Well well well... I know I've forgotten my space for quite sometime now. Been busy with a lot of stuff and hence totally ignored my blogspace. Though I did not blog much these days, I did enjoy reading my fellow bloggers' posts. But now am back and it feels really good :) I hope everyone is doing as good as I am (or even better :)).

Its been nine whole months since I moved to the US and I cant believe how quickly and smoothly these nine months went off. Time really flies. It has always been like this since college. Those four years in college, then those couple of years at work, and these nine months of marriage. Everything seems like a dream. But I think this was not the case when I was a kid. Things were real slow and I liked it that way. May be not then, but now I really do. And it always puts a smile on my face to think of all the petty things I did as a kid. 

How I used to hate to go to my Hindi classes. After every exam, I used to say to myself, "Thats it. I'm done with this and not taking up the next level". But due to my mom's insistence I took up three levels and after that she was tired of convincing me. I never hated my dance and music classes though. In fact I'll be waiting for school to close for the day so that I can run to my dance and music classes. And the drawing competitions that we used to go, not for winning any major prize, but just to have fun. All the kids from the neighborhood will be ready with their painting kits and we'll all walk to the venue, find our halls, collect our drawing sheets, develop our own ideas based on the given theme, try to draw them as we envisioned, but it would have ended up totally different and then laugh our souls out after seeing each others outcome and wait for the results to be announced that evening hoping one of us would at least get a consolation prize. 

Ahh and I loved those occasional trips to T Nagar when I was a kid. We were staying in Adyar and we used to go to T Nagar, Anna Nagar or Mylapore for the birthday shopping, Diwali shopping, pongal shopping and jus-like-that shopping. My dad had a scooter back then which cannot accommodate the four of us. So we used to take the bus. Sometimes we had to wait for hours to get into a bus because my sister and I wouldn't get into a bus that is crowded. We sometimes will let go four or five buses and wait for the less crowded bus. Once my dad was tired of waiting and ended up taking an Auto-Rickshaw. This happened a few times and then on my sister and I would pray that every bus that passed by should be fully packed so that we can enjoy the luxury of travelling in an Auto-Rickshaw. And only on occasions like this we used to eat out and  the other days we never ever bugged our parents to take us to restaurants. We were not exposed much and hence were happy with what we had. Parents always decided the goods and the bads for us and hence we had healthy/safe/worry-less  living. Gone were those days. Given a chance I would definitely go back to my childhood days. 
I'm sure you will to, Won't you??

As we grow up, we tend to see new things, experiment new ideas, set up new goals, change them every now and then, and eventually become too busy to realize the value and presence of time. Hai ki nahi??**

So how is it going for you? Busy as usual?? Aal izz well ??!! :P

**Hai ki nahi?? - Yes or no??

4 comments:

  1. Dear Sukanya:

    Nice to see you after a long time. All is certainly well, this side. Thanks. All familiar places in your post today. Your house is in Adyar? Wow! It is a lovely place and I used to frequent the Theosophical society there. I also went there for my western dance classes. I love that locality! Where did you stay? Indira nagar or Kasturba nagar?

    Life has indeed become fast and expensive. I often think about the bygone days. It is wonderful to reminiscence about them but they can never come back :)

    I miss seeing your comments at my place. Hope all is well at your end as well.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Susan,

    All is well my side too:). Thanks. Yeah we used to live in Indira nagar. Such a quiet and wonderful locality it is.

    I am back Susan, and you will see my comments in your place now on. Thanks for stopping by and for your insight.

    Cheers,
    Sukanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see a post from you.;))
    I am not sure if I would like to go back in time; I like to recall my past, but to relive it? Not really.;) I am still rather looking forward to new adventures, while trying to savor the present.;)
    Have a lovely weekend,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am visiting your blog for the first time.. :)
    Back in school,we wanted to work,earn money and marry someone special and now we feel like going back to those school days..It happens to everyone,isn't it? A life free of tensions and responsibilities..It was nice visiting your blog..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your valuable comments.